Posted May 15, 2009 by Howard
Benchmade Aphid™ Assisted Black Plain Edge Blade
The Aphid is a cool little “insect” type knife from Benchmade Knives. It has a sharp tooth and is light weight, is quick opening, etc. This is the first batch of black blade models of this great folding pocket knife that we have seen. The clips are black on this assisted opening knife as well.
Here is the info from Benchmade Knives:
Benchmade’s first-ever Red Class assist™ The slim profile makes for easy carry and rapid deployment. This is a small, fast opening folding knife – very cool and very well priced. The blade is 440C stainless and so is a good quality. The pocket clip is reversible. This pocket knife is easy to carry and nice to have when you need it!
* Textured Handle for Ample Grip
* Optimiser™ Assist
* Reversible Clip
* Blade Length: 2.38″
* Blade Thickness: 0.100″
* Blade Material: 440C Stainless Steel
* Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC
* Blade Style: Drop-Point Utility w/ Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
* Weight: 1.65oz.
* Clip: Reversible Tip Down Clip
* Lock Mechanism: Locking-Liner with Optimiser™ Assist
* Handle Material: Valox; Reversible Tip Down Clip
* Handle Thickness: 0.38″
* Overall Length: 5.63″
* Closed Length: 3.25″
* Made in USA