Posted April 29, 2009 by Howard
BLACKHAWK Nightedge Elishewitz Designed Combat Knife
Elishewitz is one of the most popular knife designers anywhere and this combat fixed blade is an awesome achievement. Blackhawk is just the company to offer it up to the troops that need it.
The design of this knife is awesome.
Here are the details from Blackhawk:
Designed by renowned custom knifemaker Allen Elishewitz, the Nightedge is a full-sized fixed-blade knife inspired by the popular MOD Nightwing. Its serrated back edge optimizes the knife’s utility and combat potential by providing a secondary edge suitable for heavy cutting, back cuts, and draw cuts. This unique grind on this Blackhawk combat knife also produces a reinforced point for extreme tip strength and penetration. To make this dramatic design more affordable to field soldiers on a budget, the Nightedge is ground from tough 1085C high-carbon tool steel and coated with a non-reflective, corrosion-resistant black epoxy coating. Each Nightedge comes equipped with a foliage green plastic-lined ballistic nylon sheath.
* Blade Length: 5.900″
* Overall Length: 10.900″
* Blade Material: 1085C high-carbon tool steel
* Blade Finish: Black epoxy coating
* Edge type: Partially serrated
* Handle Material: Thermoplastic rubber with textured panels
* Sheath: Foliage Green Plastic-lined foliage green ballistic nylon
* Optional Accessories: Alternate/accessory Airborne Deluxe Knife Sheaths in various color choices (44AK02)
* Made in Taiwan