Posted September 30, 2008 by Howard
Buck Smidgen Small Neck Knife with Deluxe Sheath, Lanyard and Carabiner
Buck knives had a lot of luck with the Hartsook neck knife. It is small and easy to carry and well designed and reasonably priced. They went and designed another tiny neck knife but are able to sell it at an even lower price. The steel is different, but the sheath system is awesome. It has a carabiner attached that has a bottle opener built in. We like this small knife and the price makes it a natural.
Here is Buck’s information on it:
The Buck Smidgen is a compact, high-quality American-made fixed blade knife. Made of durable 420HC stainless steel, and conveniently stowed in an injection molded Nylon sheath, the Smidgen is intended for anyone needing a small, easily accessible knife. Its skeletal shape and talon blade are specifically designed for nimble cutting and quick access, making it well-suited for many activities including fly fishing, camping, hiking or basic daily use.
* Blade: 1 7/8″ (4.8 cm) talon, 420HC stainless steel
* Length: 8 1/8″ (20.6 cm), overall in sheath
* Weight: 1.5 oz (42.5 g), including sheath
* Handle: 420HC stainless steel with lanyard cord
* Clip: Rigid, injection molded Nylon inclduing a carabiner carrying attachment with integrated bottle opener
* Ultra-slim and lightweight blade, 420HC stainless steel
* Carabiner carry clip with integrated bottle opener
* Molded nylon plastic sheath
* Lanyard cord on blade
* Blade ridges for enhanced grip strength
* Advanced Edge 2x™ Technology
* Forever Warranty
* Made in U.S.A.