Posted October 1, 2008 by Howard
Buck X-Tract Essential™ Multi-Tool
The Buck X-Tracts have been hits for the last several years. This new model scales it down to an easy-to-carry item with just the essentials – hence the name “The Buck Essential“.
We like being able to carry just the blade, screw drivers and a scissors. It may still be a little thick, but we think it is the best of the series for most of us.
Here is Buck’s description and SPECS:
Buck continues to create innovative one-hand multi-tools with the X-Tract Essential™. Based on the current X-Tract (models 730, 731 and 732), the Essential™ is a streamlined version of the 730, meant to be a lighter, more convenient daily tool. The tool features the Buck 3″ drop point blade, a Philips and flathead screwdriver, large spring-loaded scissors and a pocket clip. The slimmer profile and lighter weight make it handy to carry around for on-the-spot tasks.
* Blade: 3″ (7.6 cm), drop point, 420HC stainless steel
* Length: 7 3/8″ (18.7 cm) overall; 4 3/8″ (11.1 cm) closed
* Weight: 4.5 oz (127.6 g), 0.75″ thick
* Handle: Thermoplastic sides, steel frame
* Tools: #2 Philips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver, spring-loaded scissors, metal lanyard loop and a stainless steel pocket clip
* Slim profile for lightweight and convenient carry
* All components open and close with one hand
* Locking implements for user safety and secure use
* Large, spring-loaded scissors make cutting jobs easier and faster
* Lightweight everyday carry tool
* Stainless steel liner construction for added durability
* Blade ridges for added grip strength
* Patent pending screwdriver slide action and button lock technology
* Pocket clip carry option
* Buck’s advanced Edge 2x™ Technology
* Forever Warranty
* Made in China