The first of the Sebenza 25 models to feature inlays is finally out and excitement doesn’t come close to describing how I’m feeling. I’ve known for some time now what the inlays would look like but wasn’t quite sure how’d they’d actually feel once I got them in hand. Well, I’m here to say that they’re a definite improvement over those on the 21, to say the very least. They’re contoured to fit the shape of your hand more precisely than those squared off ones on the 21. The benefit of inlays beside the aesthetic beauty is quite practical – they prevent much of the wear on the Titanium and not just because they cover it. Inlays are actually the only parts of the knife that will touch the table top when you place it down. Slide it across the table, the durable inlays will take the punishment, leaving your Titanium scratch free. In addition to the inlays, this Micarta model comes with dual Silver thumb lugs (won’t show wear like the blue lugs) and backspacer, which makes for a very beautiful knife. The 25 boasts improved ergonomics, larger and more durable internal parts, a redesigned thumb ramp, a new “Large Hollow” blade grind, and now you can add better inlays to the list of improvements over the 21. These are absolutely stunning knives built to the quality Chris Reeve is famous for, check out this awesome new knife at www.knifecenter.com
CRKSEB25LM: Large Sebenza 25, Canvas Micarta Inlays
Chris Reeve KnivesKnifemaker Chris Reeve has always pursued simplicity and function. In 1987, having observed the traditional liner lock folder, he sought to strip out the complexity and reduce the locking mechanism into a single piece. The Sebenza Integral Lock was born.Twenty-five years have passed. Virtually every year has seen small, incremental developments, improvements, changes, and every year the Sebenza has been admired, tested, and yes, copied! Ever keeping ahead of the competition, Chris has brought new concepts to the 25th Anniversary Sebenza.
The 25th Anniversary Sebenza features the sandblasted matte gray handles, typical of all Sebenzas, and this model features the black canvas Micarta inlays. Comes with the microfiber cloth.
- Large Hollow Grind Technology—the first blade to feature this new grind that blends the best of hollow and flat grinds.
- Shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side brings additional stability to that side of the blade.
- One-eighth inch ceramic ball acts as the interface between the lock bar and the blade, and doubles to drop into the detent, ensuring the blade stays in place when closed.
- Larger perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant and offer space for small dirt particles to move away from the blade/washer interface, helping to prevent blade action from becoming “sticky”.
- 416 Heat treated stainless steel stop pin is interference fit into the lock side of the handle.
- Asymmetrical pattern thumb serrations on a curved thumb ramp of the blade give excellent purchase.
- At 0.140” (3.56mm), the blade is more robust blade than previous Sebenza models.
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
- Blade Length: 3.625″ (92 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.140″ (3.56 mm)
- Double Thumb Lugs: Titanium
- Handle Length: 4.71″ (147.64 mm)
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium with Black Canvas Micarta Inlaid
- Handle Thickness: 0.150″ (3.8 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.335″ (212 mm)
- Pocket Clip: 6Al4V Titanium
- Weight: 5.2 oz. (145 g)
- Handcrafted in the USA