Posted July 29, 2010 by andrew
If you own ceramic material kitchen knives, then this is the sharpener for you. We have never recommended end users sharpening their own ceramic knives before, we always encouraged them to send them back to the manufacturer for maintenance. Kyocera is a foremost producer of ceramic material products, and when they decided to make a sharpener we were very excited. This sharpener uses diamonds, runs on batteries, is very safe, and is quite easy to use. If you own ceramic knives, this is the sharpener for you.
See this item at www.knifecenter.com
More information from Kyocera:
- Safe and simple home solution
- 5 points of safety design:
- Will not operate without cover in place.
- Left/right handed selection switch inside to prevent misuse.
- Will only operate when ON switch is pressed.
- Knife guide slot holds knife in place at correct angle.
- Cover retains ceramic residue.
- 5 points of safety structure:
- Knife guide slot keeps knife at fixed angle.
- Assist roller prevents over-sharpening or excessive pressure.
- Indicator lamp signals that unit is working and battery powered.
- Dust collector fan helps retain ceramic residue.
- Easy to clean removable cover and separate grinding stone.
- Left/right handed OK
- Removes chips up to 0.5mm deep