Usually, assisted opening knives go for the cool tactical look. They are designed to snap open and scare away any potential attackers. But the same design also scares the average civilian. The Delegate from Columbia River is an assisted knife that won’t scare the neighbors, or the maître d’ at that nice French restaurant you like to go to. The sleek and simple design when closed is attractive, and the drop point blade is utilitarian and non-threatening. The handles feature either cocobolo wood scales for the black blade model, or white bone scales for the satin blade model, which really add to the classy quality that this knife has going for it.
See these knives at www.knifecenter.com
More information from Columbia River:
If you were a delegate to the Constitutional Convention in Philadephia in 1787, you would feel right at home with new Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) line of gentleman’s folders, so we’re calling it the Delegate line. Classic knifemaking tradition comes through in their understated design and use of natural materials.
But like the Founding Fathers, there is a revolutionary aspect to this line. We have incorporated our patented OutBurst assist with our patent-pending* Fire Safe release mechanism which is built into the thumb stud.
- The OutBurst assisted opening mechanism cannot be actuated until you rotate the Fire Safe disk and nudge it up.
- We’re proud of the exquisite craftsmanship exhibited in the Delegate inlays, in this case, cocobolo wood into a aluminum bolster.
- 1055W: Black Blade, Aluminum Bolsters, Cocobolo Scales, Razor-Sharp Cutting Edge
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (74 g)
- Blade: Length: 3.125” (79 mm)
- Thickness: 0.098” (2.5 mm)
- Steel: 8Cr14MoV, 58-59 HRC
- Closed: Handle length: 4.00” (102 mm)
- Open: Overall length: 7.00” (178 mm)
- Made in China