Posted July 28, 2010 by andrew
Ken Onion is famous for the assisted opening knives he developed for Kershaw over a ten year period. Now that he has moved on from Kershaw to Columbia River, he also seems to have moved on from assisted openers. Not to worry, fans of fast opening knives, his new CRKT Eros folder opens just as fast-if not quicker. The secret to Ken’s new speedy folders is the bearings that the blade floats on-the official name is IKBS-that allow it to open like its on roller skates! CRKT is so proud of these knives that they are serial numbering them.
See these knives at www.knifecenter.com
More information from Kershaw:
- Featherweight 6AL4V titanium frame lock build.
- Fast and smooth ambidextrous flipper opening action.
- IKBS internal ball-bearing pivot system with low initial friction.
- CNC-machined frame gives extreme light weight and grip texture.
- Premium Acuto+ stainless steel, “Ken Onion drop point.”
- Coarse bead-blast finish for additional grip.
- Custom removable stainless steel clip.
- K450TXP: Bead Blast Titanium Frame, Razor-Sharp Cutting Edge
- Blade Length: 2.00” (51 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.079” (2.0 mm)
- Steel: Acuto+, 59-60 HRC
- Closed: Handle Length: 3.00” (76 mm)
- Open: Overall Length: 5.00” (127 mm)
- Weight: 0.7 oz. (20 g)
- Made in Taiwan