Posted September 9, 2008 by Howard
Kershaw RAM Flipper Hawk-Lock® Black Blade
The Kershaw RAM knives have been great sellers since their release. The line up is not complete, however, until they bring out the black blade models and that is what we just got in. These are really nice looking folders and work great.
Here is Kershaw’s information about them:
When a knife is this bold, safety is a key consideration. That’s where the Hawk-Lock® on Kershaw’s all-black R.A.M. (Restraint Articulated Mechanism) comes in. The patent-pending Hawk-Lock keeps the R.A.M.’s Tungsten DLC coated blade exactly where the knife user wants it—either securely locked inside the handle for carrying, or safely locked into position for use. The R.A.M. is equipped with the ambidextrous Flipper opening system as well as built-in thumb knobs for fast and easy opening. To close the blade, unlock the Hawk-Lock and fold the blade in. This unique technology led Blade Magazine to name the original R.A.M. as 2007’s Most Innovative American Design.
* Steel……Sandvik 14C268N stainless-steel with black Tungsten DLC coating
* Handle…6061-T6 anodized black aluminum with textured black G-10 overlay
* Blade……3-1/8 in. (7.9 cm)
* Closed…4-1/4 in. (10.8 cm)
* Weight…3.6 oz.
* Includes removable/reversible 3 position pocket clip
* Designed by Grant and Gavin Hawk
* Made in the USA