Kershaw RAM Flipper Hawk-Lock® 3-1/8″ Blade
Kershaw has a slew of fast opening knives, most of them assisted. Lately, though, they have introduced a bunch of non assisted openers that are still fast, like the Junkyard Dog, Lahar, and Grooves. This model is touted as being the very fastest of the non assisted openers. We like it.
Here is Kershaw’s description:
Flip Out Over Kershaw’s “Flipper” Knives.
Blade Magazine honored the R.A.M. as 2007’s Most Innovative American Design. The R.A.M. opens with the ambidextrous Flipper system or the built-in thumb knobs. The knife offers Sandvik 13C26 stainless-steel blades and an anodized aluminum handle with G-10 overlays for a secure grip. It also features the patent-pending Hawk Lock that is both incredibly secure and easy to operate. A textured G-10 handle with Trac-Tec inserts offers a grip that’s always secure.
Comes with a removable pocket clip that can be reversed for tip-up or tip-down carry—so they’ll be ready for your next adventure.
* Steel……Sandvik 13C26 stainless-steel
* Handle…6061-T6 anodized black aluminum with textured black G-10 overlay
* Blade……3-1/8 in. (7.9 cm)
* Closed…4-3/8 in. (11.1 cm)
* Weight…3.8 oz.
* Blade Magazine recognized the R.A.M. as the 2007 Most Innovative American Made Knife of the Year.