Kershaw Shallot Assisted Opening Folder 3.5″ Composite 14CZN/ZDP189 Steel Blade
The Kershaw Shallot is a great knife. It is a large, usable size and has all the great Ken Onion assisted opening features. We now have several permutations of this model and this one has the hardest steel. The Damascus models may look prettier to some and they are a super high quality product, but this ZDP-189 steel that is on the cutting edge of these composite blades is super hard and will hold an edge a really long time. Surprisingly, it is not too difficult to resharpen them, either.
Here is the manufacturer’s info:
The Kershaw Shallot series offers a longer 4 3/8″ handle made of 410 steel and a 3 1/2″ blade. Built with the latest SpeedSafe manual assisted technology, this knife’s blade is built for multi-tasking and top performance. The 14CZN / ZDP189 composite two-tone stainless-steel blade with copper accent contributes high durability and edge retention.
Features & Benefits
* Patented SpeedSafe assisted ambidextrous index-finger opening
* Reversible/removable pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry options
* All stainless-steel construction
* Limited lifetime warranty
* Steel: 14CZN / ZDP189 blade composite two-tone stainless-steel with copper accent
* Handle: 410 stainless-steel
* Lock: Frame
* Blade Length: 3 1/2 in. (8.9 cm)
* Closed Length: 4 3/8 in. (11.1 cm)
* Weight: 4.2 oz.
* Made in USA
* Designed by Ken Onion