Posted February 11, 2008 by Howard
Kershaw Knives Tyrade
New from Kershaw is the Ken Onion designed Tyrade. Blade magazine recognized the Tyrade as the 2007 Overall Knife of the Year!
This is a radical knife. It has a laminated blade with two incredible steels: 154CM for the spine and the blade is CPM-D2 for an even harder cutting edge. The handle features carbon fiber on titanium. The locking mechanism is a frame lock.
Here are some more of the Tyrade SPECS:
Features & Benefits
* Patented SpeedSafe assisted ambidextrous index-finger opening
* Patent pending composite blade with a spine of 154CM fused with a cutting edge of CPM-D2
* Carbon fiber inlays-front & back
* Beefy Titanium handles with Zirconium Carbo-Nitride coating
* Removable pocket clip
* Limited lifetime warranty
* Includes zipper vinyl pouch
* Steel: CPM-D2/154CM stainless-steel
* Handle: 6AL4V Titanium
* Lock: Frame
* Blade: 3 5/8 in. (9.2 cm)
* Weight: 6.7 oz.
* Made in USA – Designed by Ken Onion