Posted August 15, 2008 by Howard
Rat 3 and Rat4 with orange Handles
RAT Cutlery is producing some awesome products. These orange Micarta handle knives are great as knives you want to take into the field. The orange color will help keep them in your possession- the number one way to lose a knife is to leave it in the field. The bright color could mean that the knife will last 2 or 3 times as long. Consider it a real bargain!
Here is the information for one of the larger RAT 4 products:
This is the longer, thicker “wilderness” model of the popular RC-3 tactical knife. With its 3/16″ thickness, full flat grind, rounded pommel, Micarta handles and light weight, it can serve as a primary backpacking and wilderness survival knife, or fitted to your modular system for duty carry in a tactical environment.
* Overall length: 9.0″
* Cutting Edge Length: 4.06″
* Blade Length (end of handle to tip of blade): 4.5″
* Blade Width: 1.25″ Weight: 7.5 ounces
* Drop point blade style
* Maximum thickness: 0.188″
* 1095 Carbon Steel, 57 Rc.
* Removable lined Micarta handle slabs
* Rounded Pommel w/ lanyard hole
* Formed Ambidextrous Kydex sheath with MOLLE Locks included
* Vertical and horizontal carry
RC-4s are packaged and shipped with a sheath instruction sheet and RAT Survival Business Card.