Cold Steel Inferno™ Pepper Spray 10.5 oz. (300 Grams)
Super sized canister of the Cold Steel pepper Spray. If you want a bunch of it by your side, this is the container to get! We have them at: www.knifecenter.com
Cold Steel says:
There are many unfortunate people who have endured the terror of a violent assault. The luckier ones that survived these crimes are often changed forever. There remains, long after the incident has passed, a paralyzing loss of confidence, a circumspect mistrust of strangers, and a thorough foreboding about the world in general. In short, they got away with their lives, but are now fearful of everything. It’s as if they get victimized twice!
Those who have never suffered a life-threatening assault dread the possibility of it happening to ourselves or our loved ones. The mind numbing idea of being unable or insufficiently prepared to defend one’s self is too alarming to consider.
It’s unfortunate as well that we cannot always count on assistance from an already overburdened police force. Law enforcement agencies aren’t equipped to respond to every call, no matter how desperate, and often by the time they are called it’s too late for them to do much more than assess the scene and call an ambulance.
There were over 1,408,337 violent crimes committed in 2007, and with the general loss of economic prosperity we’ve had in 2008, that number is surely going to continue to rise. The statistics from the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program paint a grim picture of the world we live in today:
* One murder occurs every 31 minutes (that’s 46 a day!)
* One forcible rape happens every 5.8 minutes (that’s 248 a day!)
* One robbery transpires every 1.2 minutes (that’s 1200 a day!)
* And one aggravated assault takes place every 36.8 seconds (that’s 2345 a day!)
The only answer to this threat of physical violence is a thoughtful plan of self-defense. Since many men and the vast majority of women lack the physical strength and martial skill necessary to repel a violent attack it’s important this plan includes some sort of weapon that could be used as an equalizer.
A firearm is the ultimate equalizer, and it’s the one that comes first to most people’s minds. And it truly is. That is if you’re well trained in its proper use, and know fully its limitations as well as its advantages. A person untrained in the use of firearms may think they can just pull their handgun out of their pocket or purse and start blasting away. It’s a dangerous kind of confidence. You could get hurt, and you might hurt or kill somebody other than your attacker. So what’s the answer? A non-lethal weapon like Inferno that’s instantly available, easy to use and totally effective.
What is Inferno?
Inferno is a new pepper canister weapon from Cold Steel that will turn the biggest, meanest, most violent criminal into helpless molten wax at your feet. Unlike other pepper sprays you may have heard about, Inferno deploys a highly targetable foam that contains 8% Oleoresin Capsicum and 2% black pepper. It dissolves into a liquid on contact (this liquefaction effect is tactically important, since other sprays remain “foamy” -like a pie in the face-and make it possible for your assailant to wipe the foam from his face and chuck it at you). One good shot in the face with Inferno will dilate the capillaries of the eyes causing temporary blindness. It will induce choking, coughing and nausea and most importantly trigger and immediate and massive sneeze reflex (due to the atomized black pepper particles) that will drag the super hot Habanero chili extract deep into the mucous membranes of the sinus cavities of the nose, throat and lungs causing them to swell up and prevent all but desperate life support breathing. In short Inferno will melt any attacker(s) into the ground and leave them totally incapacitated for a considerable period of time giving you ample opportunity to escape and summon the police.
Advantages of Inferno
1. Highly Targetable – because it’s a foam and not a spray or fog, it’s easy to hit your target accurately indoors or outdoors with Inferno. It won’t contaminate an entire room. This makes it ideal for use in confined spaces like homes, shops, offices and parking garages.
2. Not Overly Sticky – Many pepper gels on the market are advertised to stick like glue and that is a pretty good description as they adhere so firmly, that it’s difficult to clean away the crusty, over sprayed contamination that ends up on furniture, automobiles or on your clothing. In contrast Inferno, while being extremely effective can be easily cleaned off with ordinary soap and water.
3. Safe – Inferno’s unique formulation will not blister the skin or burn the corneas of the eyes.
4. High Quality – Unlike other brands, Inferno uses the absolute best HFC134A aerosol propellant, which is the same propellant, used in bronchial inhalers. The force of this propellant never diminishes no matter how much you have already sprayed out of the canister. In contrast, competing brands use Hydrocarbon, which is flammable, less consistent and less powerful. Some use nitrogen, which leaks out of the canister over time and supplies an inconsistent pressure.
5. Non Flammable and Awesomely Effective – Inferno, as mixed, is non-flammable and while the HFC134A propellant is one of the more expensive alternatives, we use it because it breaks up and atomizes the particles of chili pepper and black pepper 2,000 times finer than other propellants on the market, making Inferno more effective as a stopping agent, because more material is inhaled/absorbed by your attacker. This makes Inferno very effective on people who are intoxicated on drugs or so enraged that they do not feel pain during their violent rampages.