Columbia River Knife and Tool L’il Guppie Multitool
The Guppie from Columbia River has been a great seller since it was introduced last year. This smaller version keeps a lot of the functionality but allows for easier carry due to the smaller size. You don’t get the LED light or the bit holder and bits but it is easy to lug around. Here is the sales material (maybe a little silly!) from Columbia River:
Hi, I’m the Li’l Guppie! Smaller, cuter, but just as hard-working.
Adjustable wrench, knife, flat and Phillips screwdriver, bottle opener, carry carabiner.
* My adjustable wrench jaw opens to 10mm so you can use me for all kinds of light repair assembly jobs.
* Carry me on a belt loop, D-ring, pack or rope. (Remember, my cool carabiner is not designed to be weight-bearing.)
* I have a small high carbon-stainless steel blade with a Razor-Sharp edge. You can open and close it with one hand.
* At my tail is a simple blade screwdriver tip that will handle many smaller-size screws in a pinch.
* The base of my jaw guide has a Phillips screwdriver which will fit smaller Phillips-head screws.
* My stainless steel pocket clip also makes a lightweight and compact money clip.
* My little curved fin is designed to be a hook that opens bottle caps and metal jar lids.
* Blade Length: 1.0″ (2.5 cm)
* Blade Steel: 3Cr13, 52-55 HRC
* Handle Length: 3.0″ (7.6 cm)
* Tool Weight: 1.9 oz. (54 g)
About the Knife Designer
Launce Barber is dedicated to discovering great design ideas by using the most fundamental tool we all share in common–our creative minds. His focus is to produce innovative and creative design by discovering elegant new solutions for old problems. He feels that it’s very important to partner with individuals and companies that are leaders in their industry and understand and share his long-term vision for a product. Product design is not static even after the product hits the store shelves–it’s dynamic. Launce and his long time engineering partner, Tom Stokes, have won numerous awards for product design including the prestigious international iF Product Design Award–Silver 2004, Most Innovative Import Design of the Year–Blade Magazine 2003, Best in Show–SHOT Show 2003, Best Buy of The Year–Blade Show & International Cutlery Fair 2007, SHOT Show’s Best–Army Times 2007. Launce wants everyone to hold onto their dreams–some just take more time than others. Launce’s design collaborations and vision brought life to the I.D. Works line.